Sunday, March 17, 2013

State School Counseling Conference

 
Last week was our annual school counseling conference.  As a Virginia counselor I feel very lucky because we always have over  500 counselors attend and the program is very strong.  My itinerant counselor and I presented the action research we have been doing on our bullying program.  There were many informative and fun sessions.  One elementary counselor shared her whole group curriculum built around "A Good Egg vs. slightly cracked egg" theme.  Professional development at this conference has given me renewed energy and some new ideas when I go back to school tomorrow.  I am deeply appreciative of the conference co-chairs and the Board of VSCA for all the work they did to put on such a great conference. VSCA rocks!

No comments:

Post a Comment