Sunday, June 7, 2015

Book Categories - Organizing Children's Books


As part of packing my office for the end of the school year I was determined to finally do a book inventory and put all my books into categories so I can find what I need quickly. I also pulled out all the books I use for classroom lessons or sets for small groups. I had new shelf markers made with the following categories:
Academic Success
ADHD
Behavior
Bullying
Character Ed
College & Career Readiness
Diversity Awareness
Diversity – Special Needs
Dreams
Emotions
Emotions - Anger
Emotions Anxiety/Fear
Emotions - Bravery
Emotions - Sadness
Families
Families - Divorce
Families - Issues
Friendship Skills
Friendship - positive
Goals and Wishes
Gratitude
Grief
Kindness
Manners
Mindfulness
Perfectionism
Personal Safety
Problem Solving
Self-esteem
Self-regulation
Transitions
Wellness
I also have entered all the authors, titles, and categories into a Google Sheet. I will share that at a later date.

No comments:

Post a Comment