Saturday, March 4, 2017

Books for Social Problem Solving

Our theme this month for classroom lessons is social problem solving using the 4 STEPs from Second Step. The Committee for Children has great video clips but in case technology fails I always take a book into classes. I can do the lesson with the poster and a book. These are some of the ones I use in groups to reinforce problem solving and as back up teaching tools in classes.

Arthur’s Eyes by Brown
But It’s Not My Fault by Cook
A Chair for My Mother by Williams
The Doorbell Rang by Hutchins
I Did It, I’m Sorry by Buehner
I Have a Little Problem, Said the Bear by Janisch
It Wasn’t My Fault by Lester
Ladybug Girl and Bumblebee Boy by Davis & Soman
Prudy’s Problem and How She Solved It by Armstrong-Ellis
Stuck by Jeffers
Swimmy by Lionni
Talk and Work It Out by Meiners
What to Do With a Problem? by Yamada & Besom

No comments:

Post a Comment