Tuesday, October 22, 2013

First Session Small Friendship Group Activity

This activity Accordion Paper Person Adjectives About Self  is a favorite with our third graders. I use it in groups but it could easily be adapted to a class lesson.  In the first session after we do a icebreaker and preassessment we brainstorm words that can be used to describe third graders.  I aim to have at least 20 adjectives so that members who struggle with writing have a variety to use. The paper is folded so they write 8 words that describe self.  I was smiling when I did this activity yesterday because the "typical peer" I had included in the group described himself on one of the folds as "role model." They draw their own face on the head cut out and add some precut arms and legs.

No comments:

Post a Comment