Thursday, July 3, 2014

ASCA Conference was magical


The highlight for me (and I believe most in attendance) was hearing Mrs. Obama speak so clearly about the importance of school counselors and the White House desire to partner with us to get young people into meaningful post-secondary education. You can read her speech on the ASCA website. The best breakout session I went to was on Monday morning by Jeffrey Ream and Jeremy Goldman.  They recently wrote articles for ASCA and presented "Brand and Market Your School Counseling Program." Check out their Power Point on the ASCA Conference App.  They are both high school counselors but you can apply much of what they present to elementary. I had over 50 participants at my session, Reduce Bullying via Bibliocounseling" and will be adding participants suggestions to my Livebinders soon.  It was a honor to recieve our Re-RAMP recognition at the dinner. The ASCA staff work very hard on behalf of all of us so I want to conclude by saying THANKS!

No comments:

Post a Comment