Thursday, August 23, 2012

ASCA 2012 School Counseling Conference Brilliant


Well I am back from my relaxing summer at the beach.  I went from the last day of school, to Minneapolis for the ASCA Conference, to the Eastern Shore.  I did want to congratulate everyone who put together the Conference.  It was one of the best professional development experiences of my career.  The three general sessions were among the best I have ever attended.  If you missed the conference you can still read the books by these inspiring individuals: Dan Savage, Stacey Bess, and Jamie Vollmer.  My 3 favorite things about the conference were: 1) getting to hear Julia Cook read aloud some of her amazing books; 2) seeing two of my former graduate students achieve RAMP; and 3) the positive feedback I received from participants at my own session.  I hope you will try to attend the 2013 Conference in Philadelphia, I know I am planning to attend.

No comments:

Post a Comment