Thursday, August 13, 2015

Incorporating Mindfulness in Lessons and Session Plans


These are the main resources I am using to incorporate mindfulness into my lessons and some group sessions along with some of the activities from mindfulteachers.org/p/free-resources-and-lesson-plans.html.  I began to dapple in adding some mindfulness last year after starting my own mindfulness practice. I gathered these resources a year ago but this summer I have really reread the books and thought about how to best introduce some of these concepts and skills to my students.  I am using mindfulness in my lesson on EMOTIONS and SELF-REGULATION which are 2 of the counseling program's main themes.  I also am using mindfulness in my groups for students who need help with emotional regulation and my resiliency groups.


No comments:

Post a Comment