Thursday, May 19, 2016

Needs Assessment

I want to get input as to the priority of topics for classroom lessons from teachers but I don't want them telling me what to teach. I know what I need to cover based on the standards. As we are moving to an evidenced based model of intentional counseling, I want to find most of my students who need groups based on data. However, I will still use teacher referrals so I also want their input on what groups they see as being needed. I am trying something new this year, I am asking each grade level team to discuss and just give me one form. They meet several times a week so I am hoping they can find 10 minutes to complete this for me, perhaps after one of their meetings discussing progress monitoring. I usually try to put a survey in Google Forms but since I just want 6 forms it was not worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment