Thursday, May 3, 2018

Tips to Handle Stress

These are the tips I send home to parents after my emotion management groups in grades 3-5.  We want parents to reinforce the skills we teach in our groups. I also send home the packet of activities the students have done with me in group. In grade 3 we read 7 different books and I send the title and author home in case parents want to reread the book to their child. For students with anxiety, giving parents tools is a must for the child to develop new ways of responding to unhelpful thoughts and uncomfortable feelings. I ALWAYS talk to parents about how important good food, regular sleep, and plenty of fresh air and exercise are for students who are stressed. 
These are also good tools for self-care which is so important for school counselors as testing season heats up and the end of the school year looms.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing a great content about stress. Keep sharing.
    The good news is that you can learn how to do stress management so that it doesn't control your life. You have choices about how to respond to stressful situations and how much time you spend on them.

    ReplyDelete