Tuesday, June 24, 2014

ASCA National Conference

I am looking forward to the ASCA 2014 Conference in a few days. Before going to the Conference it is good to reflect on professional goals. I am going to learn about new resources and tools. Regular attendance at state and national conferences is one of my long-term professional goals.  For those of you who are first timers I suggest: 1) Go to first timers reception; 2) Attend all socials and introduce yourself (bring business cards); 3) Go to a variety of sessions and don't skip any of the keynotes (they are always outstanding); 4) Venture into a new territory going to at least one session on something you know nothing about; 5) Make contacts and follow-up after the Conference. If anyone helped pay for part of your Conference be sure to thank them and let them know something specific you learned. Share what you learned with other counselors in your district. I want to invite you to the session I am presenting on Wednesday, July 2 from 9-10:15 Reduce Bullying via Bibliocounseling. I hope to offer practical resources to all counselors who come. If we bump into one another at the conference, please let me know what you think of this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment