Sunday, January 21, 2018

Group Using Howard B. Wigglebottom Books


I hope you are all aware of the tremendous resources available at wedolisten.org a non profit foundation. They currently have 15 books with companion posters, songs, and games available online. I prefer using the hard copy and have the entire set in my office. I have used a variety of these books for social/emotional groups with kindergarten through grade 2. Above is an outline of the topics and skills I recently used with a first grade group. Each book focuses on teaching a particular skill which makes them a terrific resource for a psycho-educational group. I have evaluated these groups and they do show a positive change in perception data. I vary which books I use depending on the needs of the group. I also change the activities depending on the age and ability of the group members. The children love Howard!


1 comment:

  1. I cannot find the resources that accompany the lessons? When I go to the website it only has the video of the story. Do you have a link to the Skills/Activities listed in the last column?

    ReplyDelete