Sunday, March 1, 2015

Children's Books About Anxiety

Something Might Happen by Helen Lester is one of my favorite books to help young children understand anxiety and that there are ways to cope with it.  Depending on the age of the child here a dozen others I use on a regular basis:
What to Do When You Worry Too Much
David and the Worry Beast
Is Worry Worrying You?
A Boy and A Bear
Don't Panic, Annica
Wemberly Worried
Wilma Jean The Worrying Machine
When My Worries Get Too Big
The Kissing Hand
Something Might Happen
Just in Case
Scaredy Squirrel

1 comment:

  1. I think that is great to have counseling available for children in elementary school. When I was in grade school counseling was provided for me because my father was in the military. The experience was one I would never take back and I am glad it was available to me. http://rivieracounselling.com.au

    ReplyDelete